Thursday, February 18, 2010

WITWC2?

Ok, I am ALL for technology within reason...But, honestly, does anyone else think this is too much:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kotaku calls it a "fast finger keyboard".
I have recently stated that the iPad will probably change the world, much as the iPhone did. I am all for technology with purpose. Having instant access to the web-on-the-go changed how we accessed information and each other forever (for the good and not-so-good also, but that is another discussion). As for the iPad, Having instant access to full page periodicals all neatly delivered on a hand-held device will make reading more efficient and more practical in our now more bustled lifestyle. I'm sure there will be pros and cons (as of the time wasting potential of the iPhone), but all-in-all, I see potential.

But, really? What improvement are we making for ourselves here with a "fast finger keyboard"? Does LOL or TTYL take too much out of our fingers? WHEW, I almost broke a sweat! And, will the already formed acronyms eventually lead to young people writing IMO, yet having NO idea what the letters indicate. Well, IMO, this is a $25 waste of money. People who spend abundant hours chatting online using acronyms are probably not in need of too many millisecond time saving measures.

And, since we are on the topic...JIC, UDK how to translate an IM, FYI there is a TXT/IM dictionary you can use. S2S there are actually 100s of them. (I wonder how many teens use an IM dictionary more than a Websters? hmm). It is just pathetic. F2F interaction is not completely outdated. WITW coming to?

Man, I'm exhausted. Hitting that shift key and only typing out letters instead of words just took it completely out of me. TAFN. L8RG8R (as I pass out from pure lethargy)

2 comments:

  1. I think it would be faster to type out "lol" than to locate the alt, ctrl, or fn key that is required to enable those shortcut keys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. It really is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete

count traffic