Thursday, February 4, 2010

Challenge of an opinion-ator

I hear all kinds of personal opinions on matters irrelevant to the opinion-ator. Why do people care if I change my haircolor? Choose not to have a traditional wedding? Give money they think I shouldn't to charity? Why interfere themselves in choices about my child's health that they obviously know nothing about? Seriously, there is probably someone out there who cares how I wipe my bottom end, and he/she would probably give me step-by-step instructions on how to become more efficient at the job.

Why do other people concern themselves with trivialities that will not harm them or anyone else? Is it pure boredom? How bored do you have to be to care what color I paint my damn walls or which direction I mow my lawn?

I don't know how many countless times I have heard: OHhhh my goodness, did you see H-ER shoes? Well, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that! Did you SEE that mother over there? She MUST have 7 children? That wedding was just pitiful. That flowergirl had no poise. lol.

I know, these are just random instances of opinionators at their handiwork...BUT, I actually have heard these "opinions" all recently. So, I thought I would address to anyone out there who might be guilty.

Come ON, folks. Do SHOES really make a person? Do you think that probably sometime in YOUR life someone else made criticisms of your choice in attire? Could the frazzled mother need a hand instead of a put-down? And, really...HOW many times have I heard the wedding critique?? IT is a FREE party for goodness sake...QUIT YOUR BITCHIN'.

Is this tendency innate? I mean, this callousness for humanity must be inborn. Then again, I could see the nurture debate on this one. These OPINIONATORS clan together. They whisper and giggle their insanities, thinking they are all too wise.

In fact, they think they are better than other people. They think their poo smells like posies. They MUST. You must have some sort of grandiosity about you in order to have opinions on EVERYTHING. So...maybe I am the opinionative one...Maybe? But, at least I have respect and niceity in my heart.

You ask how to BEAT the opinionator? Well, I say give them something to talk about. Hold your head proudly and wear (gasP) brown and black boots with a pink and red top. Wear red hair when your natural is blonde. Go non-traditional all the way, if you so please...

--YES!!!>>> Go non-traditional, be YOURSELF...be NICE...show LOVE to your common (or not so common) man/woman...and don't cling to people who bring you down into the abyss of critical discourse...or THOUGHT. Clear your mind and clean your soul...

Perhaps pick up a book on something that interests you :) It will eradicate some of that nasty boredom...te he he

3 comments:

  1. Hey..so I'm reading this book. It's called My sister's picture by Cathy Arden and it's a story about her sister dying of cancer. There's a part in the book that made me think of this blog...
    'Even though we were at different levels of personal experience, we bore a striking resemblance when it came to self-doubt and insecurity. This went hand in hand with similar grandiose notions about ourselves. We thought we were the best and we thought we were the worst.'
    You may take nothing from that but it seemed the perfect sentence to me. SO i thought I would share

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. It is so true. What is "GRAND" is not only relative to each individual, but perfect grandeur is absolutely unachievable. It is a falsity. So, whoever is trying to portray themselves as grand/perfect/above everything/everyone is a contradiction in themself. No one is perfect, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...They, by definition, are contradictory. It is sad, really. I feel sorry for ppl who try to portray themselves above others. I think they are only hiding how much pain they feel inside, ya know?!

    ReplyDelete

count traffic