Thursday, February 25, 2010

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed (THANKS Feng Shui)

Well, I am in one of those moods that usually go with a horrible, no good, very bad day...But, I'm really not having a bad day...JUST A BAD MOOD. I think I woke up on the WRONG side of the bed today.

Hmmm, but then to avert my attention from my moodiness, I wonder: What does that mean? Wouldn't I have to sleep on a particular side of the bed to wake up on that side (or roll around a lot). Ramblings? Maybe, but I do have a point...a pointless point...but still a point:

Turns out, Feng Shui (which is the method the Chinese use to place harmony with things/people in their environment) in addition to psychological/physiological findings about the workings of the brain (go figure on this one) helped to establish the "wrong side of the bed bit". See, the left side of the brain is more rational/logical/analytical and the right side is more emotional/imaginative/artsy. And, in Feng Shui, the Chinese regard the left side of the brain with family/health/money/power. Therefore it is very apprehensively concluded that the LEFT side is the "right" side...hmmmm

So, yes...today (and everyday), I rose to the left. I tend to be the analytical sort. But, this doesn't really empirically back this theory that there is indeed a "wrong side of the bed", since I rose on the left and am feeling rather on the mood ENHANCED side. The LEFT side was NOT the RIGHT side today. And, since your left foot is controlled by the RIGHT side of your brain. That doesn't really fit either, now does it. According to the physical structures of the brain, a less fragile of a mood would actually start with the RIGHT FOOT FORWARD (and wouldn't matter the side of the bed).

Maybe... I should have just stayed in bed :)

2 comments:

  1. so my question is... is it the left side when you're facing the bed? or the left side when you're in the bed? hehehe. maybe i need to apply the Feng Shui method to my home. i could use some harmony & balance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be safe to say that you can just simply choose a side to be left or right. haha. Either way, I'm pretty sure I would've been on the WRONG side this morning :) lol

    ReplyDelete

count traffic