Monday, February 15, 2010

Takin' Advantage of FREEdom

To get straight to the point..
Dr. McAnaney's office held a "free dental clinic" all day today. I saw this all on the 5 o'clock news. I couldn't help but laugh when the news anchor bluntly said (repeatedly), "Now, they are offering only ONE, I repeat, only ONE procedure per patient". I wonder JUST how many free-loaders went out there to get their ENTIRE mouth overhauled.

Now, this was QUITE a kind and generous gesture on behalf of Texoma Dental Care, and I am sure that it was MUCH appreciated by all that attended. But, I can't help but feel sorry for the poor suckers who worked there today.

I saw several people in line without teeth, probably hoping for FULL dental implants for free. Can you imagine the mouths that showed up, and can you imagine picking only ONE procedure to perform? lol

Well, inside those tents was probably very interesting. And,while I do NOT want to make light of people who are need of dental care or who are in desperate need of assistance, I would like to take a moment and reflect (ie. laugh) at the HUGE line of folks who were in attendance.

My imagination cannot help but to form a detailed image of complaints, halitosis, and missing tooth lispsss. And so, I would like to say that it was VERY kind for Texoma Dental Care to do what they did. And, on behalf of all the yuck mouths (and receptors of those mouths) who did receive some sort of treatment today (even if it were limited and incomplete), I would like to say thank you for giving to our community. We do not see such givingness everyday. It must've TRUELY been "Dentistry from the Heart".

No comments:

Post a Comment

count traffic