Thursday, February 4, 2010

Quick Parenting Book (or for those who work with children) Recommendation

Michele Borba, Ed. D is a top regarded parenting/childhood development/childhood education author (recently featured on Dr. Phil, of all places). My recent additions from her repertoire are "Parents Do Make A Difference" and "The Big Book of Parenting Solutions". I highly recommend both. Although, "Parents Do Make A Difference" is my favorite.

Borba focuses on character and self-esteem. I noticed that Aden used a lot of "I can'ts". Since reading and implementing Borba's recommendations, I have noticed a great change in him. He tries harder, longer, and has less tantrums.

Anywho, for any of you parental figures out there, go check her stuff out. It is easy to read and easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

count traffic